Marriage and Nikah
Islamic Center of Reseda provides the services to perform Marriage (Nikah) for Muslims according to Islamic practice of marriage principles.
When a Muslim has already decided to marry the person of his or her choice, we arrange to perform the Nikah at IslamicCenter of Reseda.
The process is outlined below:
- The couple marrying needs to get a marriage license from any city in the USA.
- ICR needs a copy of the official city license for their records.
- We arrange to get Imam to perform nikah.
- We require the presence of two Muslim witnesses from the groom side and a guardian (wali) from the bride’s side during the ceremony.
- The ideal guardian for the bride is the father of the bride. In the absence of a father for the bride, the person performing the nikah will guide the marrying couple to arrange possible alternatives depending on their options as per the Islamic requirements. If the wali cannot be arranged, Imam solemnizing the marriage will act as a wali to safegurd the rights of the bride.
- The groom with consultation and approval of the bride, offers in writing the mahr(dowry) or sadaq(gift) to the brides to be recorded on the certificate of marriage. Mahr is the right of the bride and it is permissible to be given immediately,delayed or pain part, but must be recorded with consultation of the bride.
- The nikah details are recorded on a prescribed form and It is signed by the bride, the groom, the guardian and the witnesses. A copy of that certificate is provided to the bride and to the groom. Imam keeps the copy for their records.
- The official city marriage license is then signed by the person performing the nikah. Imam will take the original license and mail it to the city for registration of the marriage.
Please contact Dr. Sayed Jumaa for Nikah/Marriage service and registration.
Iman at Islamic Center of Reseda
Cell : 818-605-4696